Sunday, August 30, 2009

- Fallen Soldiers -

The Mansions of the Lord
To fallen soldiers let us sing, Where no rockets fly nor bullets wing,
Our broken brothers let us bring, To the mansions of the Lord.
No more weeping, no more fight, No friends bleeding through the night, Just divine embrace, eternal light, In the mansions of the Lord.
Where no mother's cry, and no children weep,
We will stand and guard though the angels sleep,
All through the ages safely keep, The mansions of the Lord

My family was listening to this song on the way home from spending the evening with friends. It just really made me stop and think about the men and women who serve our country. I think sometimes we get so wrapped up in our everyday lives that we don't stop and think that even right now our soldiers are out there fighting for us and for our freedom. So this is a reminder to stop whatever you may be doing right now and take a few moments to pray for our soldiers.

We Were Soldiers
Lay me down, in that cold cold ground,
Where before, many more have gone,
When they come, I will stand my ground,
Stand my ground, I'll not be afraid,
Thoughts of home take away my fear,
Sweat and blood, hide my veil of tears,
Once a year say a prayer for me,
Close your eyes, and remember me.


No comments:

Post a Comment