Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Peer Pressure - Fear of Man

"Since all of us are affected by it at one time or another, we are almost sympathetic toward such behavior. But this is perhaps the most tragic form of the fear of man. Teenagers are constantly making unwise decisions because of it. Adults, too, look to people for their cues. We spend too much time wondering what other may have thought about our outfit or the comment we made in the small group meeting. We see opportunities to testify about Christ, but we avoid them. We are more concerned about looking stupid (a fear of people) than we are about acting sinfully (fear of the Lord)." - Edward T. Welch (When people are big and God is small)

I came across this today when I was reading and thought it was very interesting and decided to share it. It was really convicting for me, I sometimes find myself doing that. This book has been great, it has pointed out a lot of areas in my life that I need to work on. Sometimes it's scary because it's almost like it was written for me. I haven't gotten very far in it, (I usually just read a small potion at a time and let it sink it) but I definitely recommend this book for everyone to read! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment