Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Stop and Think

Breathe on me, Breath of God, 
fill me with life anew,
that I may love what Thou dost love,
and do what Thou wouldst do.

Breathe on me, Breath of God,
until my heart is pure,
until with Thee I will one will,
to do and to endure.

Breathe on me, Breath of God,
till I am wholly Thine,
till all this earthly part of me
glows with Thy fire divine.

Breathe on me, Breath of God,
so shall I never die,
but live with Thee the perfect life
of Thine eternity.

I love music, but sometimes I never stop to think about the words....
We sang this hymn in Church a couple of weeks ago and even though
I've sung this hymn probably a hundred times, I never stopped to think
about the words. This hymn is truly amazing and should be the prayer
of every Christian.

1 comment:

  1. just found your blog! Good stuff! Believe it or not i did a blog post yesterday on...breath of heaven!

    ReplyDelete